Top 10 Movies Featuring Food
With the Academy Awards coming up soon, on 12th March 2023, I turn my attention away from who might win best supporting role to THE BEST supporting role. ever. For me, that is the food that plays a huge part in films.
These are our top 10 movies featuring food. In my opinion, the role of "food" in these films are akin to its own character.
There are many great movies featuring food! Here are some of the best:
- Sweet Bean (2015) A baker's business takes off when he hires an eccentric 76-year-old woman who specializes in making dorayaki pancakes.
- Ratatouille (2007) - This Pixar film tells the story of a rat named Remy who dreams of becoming a chef in Paris.
- Chef (2014) - This film follows a chef who quits his job at a high-end restaurant and starts a food truck business with his son.
- Julie & Julia (2009) - Based on the true story of Julie Powell, who decides to cook every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in one year.
- Babette's Feast (1987) - This Danish film is about a French refugee who prepares a luxurious feast for a small community in Denmark.
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi (2011) - This documentary follows the life of Jiro Ono, an 85-year-old sushi master in Tokyo.
- Like Water for Chocolate (1992) - This Mexican film tells the story of a young woman who expresses her emotions through cooking.
- Eat Drink Man Woman (1994) - This Taiwanese film is about a master chef who prepares elaborate meals for his three daughters, who all have their own personal struggles.
- The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014) - This film is about a young Indian chef who opens a restaurant across the street from a Michelin-starred French restaurant.
- Chocolat (2000) - This romantic comedy-drama tells the story of a woman who opens a chocolate shop in a conservative French village.
These movies, featuring food, are sure to make your mouth water and leave you hungry for more!