How to remove onion smell from glass jars
We love to re-use and re-purpose, and that includes the glass jars that Kam's Kettle Cooked Chili Sauce comes in.
However, sometimes glass jars have a slight onion smell left over. Here, I'll share some tips on how to remove that oniony smell before you re use the glass.
Use Baking Soda.
- Clean the jar of any left over product and let it dry.
- Once it is dry, pour approximately a teaspoon of baking soda into the jar.
- Add approximately 1/4 cup of water.
- screw the top in place and shake vigorously for around 30 seconds.
- Empty the jar and wash.
- Instead of baking soda, you can use course salt and soap.
- Same instructions as above, substitute baking soda for salt and soap.
- Shake vigorously, then rinse out and wash through.
Once the onion scent has been removed, your options are endless on how to re purpose the glass jar. Check out this blog for some ideas on using glass jars in the home, garage and as gifts!