The Perfect Roasted Potato Recipe
The perfect roasted potato is fluffy on this inside and crispy on the outside. The secret is . . . to par boil them, and then chill the potatoes before roasting. Yes, it adds extra steps, but I promise that it is worth it!
|Roasted Potatoes Ingredients|
Potatoes - Diced
or Fingerling Potatoes.
|Oil - Sunflower or Olive|
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into smaller shapes such as diced, sliced. Alternatively, use fingerling potatoes and simply wash and dry to small potatoes.
2. Rinse under running cold water to remove any starch,
3. Add the potatoes to a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce to create gentle bubbling water. Check the consistency of the potatoes by using a sharp knife and piercing a potato - you don't want them to turn to mush.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, but not soft. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Tip the potatoes into a colander and strain the water off.
5. Place the colander on a plate, sprinkle the potatoes with salt and place in the refrigerator. Allow the potatoes to cool.
6. Turn the oven on to 420 degrees.
7. Pour oil into an oven proof dish. Place the oven proof dish into the oven to warm up the oil.
8. Be careful at this point: Remove the potatoes from the refrigerator, gently put the potatoes into the oven proof dish. Wear oven gloves, as the oil may splatter. Once the potatoes are in the dish, baste them with the warm oil.
9. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are perfectly roasted.
Potatoes can be prepared the day before up to step 5. The following day, start the process from step 6.